Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Best

First, let me apologize. My profile attests to my inconsistency, (particularly in these last few weeks,) and after reading, "last published: March 12," I realized I probably owe you all an apology. Sorry! I do have several exciting tidbits/anecdotes/events to share with you, though!

Hmm, where to begin? Well, since I obviously cannot make up for 3-4 weeks of lost time, I'll just share the best, (or rather, most memorable...) parts of this past week. Capiche?

Last Saturday: a day trip to Nancy's farm. Green fields, but very dry. Covered in dust! Also, while we were driving in the car, Sandra unexpectedly announced that she wished someday to have a mud fight. Later, when we were washing the car of all the dust, we looked under the wheels and grabbed huge fistfulls of mud. We both hestitated with the mud in our hands, not sure whether to actually go through with it.
            We did ;)

Monday, 3:45 am: Ines woke up in the middle of the night having wet the bed. After cleaning it up the best I could, (having very limited materials at hand at 3:45 in the morning,) I realized I kind of enjoyed being a mom. Well, just as long as it's not perminent.

Monday, 5:45 am: I agreed to go on a suicide bike-ride to a small village outside of Santa Cruz this morning. Yeah, I was praying that the Lord would send rain before 6:00 to get me out of it.

Thursday: A huge fiesta in the Hogar! With mariachi's, cake, dancing... And of course, with Sandra around, we began a huge cake/frosting fight. Don't worry, I'll post pictures!

Friday: went to watch Julie's volleyball game, then went out for ice cream. Woohoo!

Saturday: daytrip to the Lomas de Arena (sand dunes). We decided to walk, and let me tell you, it took a while. It was worth it though! It's totally green right up until the base of the dune, then you can hardly imagine you're not in Algeria. Some of us decided to have races down the steepest part of the dunes, and after rolling, somersalting, running, and running backwards, we were tuckered out... and dreading the 3-4 mile hike back. Fortunately, I truck picked us up and took us almost entirely back to the house. I love Bolivia!

That's just about everything! Well, today I'm just about to head out to play an interesting version of volleyball (the court is in a small room and you can play off the walls...) but as I haven't gone yet, I can't tell you too much about it.

Anyway, Blessings! Kristi

Blessings, Kristi

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having lots of fun! Zoey is trying to keep Sami from missing you too much. :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sectiion above me is oh so true. And it is not working that well. I missyou o so terobly. ( get it oh so mysteryoso ) Sadly the whole thing is true. Ps I have desided to make you a present a day. A present a day keeps the tears away. NOT TRUE sami

    ReplyDelete