Saturday, March 12, 2011

Itś All in the Timing

Let me make one thing clear: Bolivians are not overly concerned with being on time. And to be honest, Iḿ totally okay with it!

However, somewhat ironically, last night some "gringos" came to the Hogar to play soccer, and although they had initially planned on arriving at 8, (where all the Bolivians were waiting... on time...) they didnt show up until well after nine. I guess everyoneś on Bolivian time in Bolivia!

Well, anyway... thatś not even pertinent information. I just needed to establish that it was a Friday night and it was getting late.

So....

As we were waiting for the gringos to arrive, we were all just messing around, talking lazily, and not really doing anything. There were some adults, some "young people," and a few kids, including my little sisters. At long last, everyone arrived and the soccer game began. However, this time I opted just to watch, so I sat beneath the water tower and talked with some of the other "young people" as my little sisters played around us. However, it being late, eventually the girls tuckered out, curled up with their heads on my lap, and sleepily demanded some songs. I was all too happy to oblige.

I tell you, I sang everything from "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" to "Matchmaker" to the doxology... And eventually, the girls fell asleep. Curled up beneath the water tower- and on cement no less! -with the sounds of futbol and the endlessly buzzing frogs (no really, the buzz!) ... as you can imagine, it was a very dear, poignant moment.

Thank you Lord.

Well, thatś all for now.
Many blessings, Kristi

2 comments:

  1. Actually this is Dad. I don't have a Gmail account. Sounds like a perfect evening for you, little one. I love hearing your stories, so delightfully told!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child of mine, child of mine... oh, my sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine. Oh, dear Nina how I love your stories and your songs... and the way The Song is being told in the melody of your life. Mama

    ReplyDelete